Building Permits

Work Requiring a Permit
A building permit is required from the Town of Sykesville and from Carroll County for some interior improvements as well as exterior improvements to your property, this includes but is not limited to:
  • Additions
  • Decks
  • Garages
  • Pools
  • Retaining walls
  • Sheds
Application Information
For a permit, please contact the Town House and/or Carroll County Permits and Inspections or visit the Carroll County Permits and Inspections website before beginning work.

Sykesville Historic District
Property owners in the Sykesville Historic District must also submit an application to the Historic District Commission. Please contact the Town House or the Historic District Commission for information.