All members of the public are invited to visit our Virtual Open House, available at https://sykesville2030.z13.web.core.windows.net/. You can “walk” through the virtual meeting room to view project information collected to date, including:
- Community Profile – Review the Town’s population and economic trends and learn more about Sykesville’s land use, parks and recreation, and community facilities.
- Online Survey Results – During the month of October, the Town collected more than 400 online survey responses. The survey results are summarized in an easy to read format and the findings are consistent with much of the information collected during the focus groups, interviews, and October public virtual events held as part of the Comprehensive Plan.
- Vision and Goal Statements – Based on the public input received, the Town and Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee has prepared draft 2030 Vision and Goal statements. The Vision statement and individual goal areas will serve as the basis for plan development. The Comprehensive Plan will feature a chapter on each goal to describe existing conditions, public input, and implementation steps for future improvements/opportunities.
- Concept Renderings – On October 28 and 29, the Town hosted a virtual urban design workshop to vision for the future of downtown Sykesville. During this public event, several renderings were created to visually capture the ideas and visions discussed during the two-day event. The concepts are illustrative drafts and will be refined through plan development.
- Plan Timeline – What’s next? This display board outlines the planning process and timeline for plan development, public comment, and adoption by Council.
We welcome your feedback! If you have any questions or comments as you review the project information, please share your thoughts using our comment form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/sykesvilleopenhouse.