A major winter storm is expected Friday, Jan. 22, into Saturday, Jan. 23, with the possibility of significant amounts of snow.
• Recycling will be picked up as scheduled on Friday, Jan. 22.
• Due to the anticipated storm, Town offices will close at 3 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 22.
• For emergencies, call 911.
• For non-emergencies when Town offices are closed, call 410-795-0757.
• If you live on a snow emergency* route, please remove your vehicles parked on the street in advance of the snow to make it easier for our Public Works crew to plow.
• Residents are encouraged to make preparations for food, water, medications and oxygen supplies today.
• “Prepare Me Carroll” is an app with a wealth of information for countywide emergencies such as inclement weather. Download it through your App Store.
• Sign up for NIXLE. Text your zip code to 888777. If there is an emergency public safety concern within the Town, a text message will be sent to you.
The Town of Sykesville does not determine when a snow emergency is in effect and will not publicize when every snow emergency is declared. Sykesville residents can find out whether a snow emergency is in effect by visiting the following State Police website.
When a snow emergency is declared for Carroll County, parking is prohibited for the Town locations listed below.
Please remove your vehicles from these designated roads and courts prior to snowfall to make it easier for our Public Works crew to plow.
The Sykesville Police Department may remove a violating vehicle, at the owner’s expense. A Town Citation will also be issued with fines ranging from a minimum of $100 to $500.
Spout Hill Rd
Cul-de-Sacs (no parking in between the Snow Emergency signs in the cul-de-sacs)
Autumn Sky Ct
Bunker Hill Ct
Shimmering Run Ct