• Planning Commission: Principal functions include developing plans for future developments, preparing recommended zoning, and subdivision regulations, approving site plans, and subdivision record plats. Meetings are held on the first Thursday of every month. Consists of six members who are appointed by the Mayor to serve a five-year term. Interested parties must be registered voters of the Town and must remain registered voters for the duration of their term.
• Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA): Principal functions are to review applications for variances and special permits in accordance with Town Zoning Ordinance. The BZA meets on an as needed base. Consists of three members who are appointed by the Mayor to serve a three-year term.
• Historic District Commission: Principal functions are to approve any exterior alterations, new construction, or changes to important landscape features prior to beginning work within the Town’s Historical District. Meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of every month. Consists of seven members, who are appointed by the Mayor to serve a three-year term. Members possess interest in architecture, historic preservation, urban design or related disciplines.
• Main Street Association: Is a group of volunteers who make up five committees that focuses on design, promotion, economic development, organization, and being a green & safe community.
• Police Auxiliary: The Sykesville Police Department Auxiliary provides volunteer service hours to the Town in an effort to assist the Police Department in its goal to serve and protect the citizens of the incorporated Town of Sykesville.
• Parks and Recreation Committee: Volunteers make a difference in our parks, recreational activities, and events for our families and others. Meetings are held the fourth Thursday of every month. All are welcome.
For more information contact Jana Antrobus at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-795-8959