Winter Storm Information
Preliminary indications are that The Maryland State Police is putting the Snow Emergency Plan into effect at 7:00 pm on March 13, 2017.
· For emergencies, call 911.
· For non-emergencies when the Town Offices are closed, call 410-795-0757.
· If you live on a snow emergency route,please stay informed of declared emergencies and remove your vehicle from the route promptly.
· Residents are encouraged to makepreparations for food, water, medications, oxygen supplies, and othernecessities before the storm hits. For more information on stormpreparation, go to http://ccgovernment.carr.org/ccg/releases/CarrollCountyPreparesForWinterStormBeginningMondayEvening_03122017.pdf
· “Prepare Me Carroll” is an app withinformation for countywide emergencies, such as inclement weather. Download it through your app store.
· NIXLE is a service that the Police Department uses. Text your zip code to 888777. If there is an emergency public safety concern within the Town, a text message will be sent to you.
For everyone’s safety, we encourage residents to remain off the roads during the height of the storm and until the roads are cleared. Even if the roads within Town are clear, the roads outside of Town may still be unpassable. Please use caution when driving.
Here is a handy tip on shoveling your driveway to avoid the “second shovel.”