Public Works Department
The Department of Public Works assists the Mayor and Town Council in the efficient operations of a wide variety of responsibilities that include:
- Residential solid waste and recycling collection.
- Commercial waste collection.
- Routine maintenance for Town properties, parks, roads and Right of Ways that includes: mowing, snow removal, litter control, road sign installation, stormwater facilities management, and playground maintenance.
- Responding to emergency situations such as removing downed trees, and road closures due to weather, flooding or underground utility issues.
- Assists with traffic control and waste collection during festivals and special events.
DUE TO THE THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY, RECYCLING WILL NOT BE PICKED UP ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 28. IT WILL BE PICKED UP ON MONDAY, DECEMBER 2. PLEASE HAVE YOUR RECYCLING AT THE CURB THE NIGHT BEFORE.
Find recycling information for the Town of Sykesville.
The Department of Public Works will pick up items such as furniture, appliances, and carpet.
The streets are plowed and salted in order of priority.
Find schedule information for trash and yard pickup.